Chiao Baby!

Friday, August 25, 2006

NOOOOOO!!!! (hands clutching the air)

disclaimer: all about caleb's naps. so if you're not interested, i'm not offended if you don't read.

i think caleb is trying to transition to one nap per day. i'm not ready! i'm not ready! i am attached to my morning and afternoon breaks, even if they are only an hour each. he used to nap once at 9:45/10 am, get up around 11 am, and then nap again at 2:45/3 pm and get up around 4... maybe 4:15 or 4:30 depending on how long i can leave him in the crib without him getting too upset. now? sigh. now he's not falling asleep until past 11, and a second nap is always up in the air. if he ends up taking one, it's around 4, and i end up stressing out about whether or not he'll go down to bed at 8.

i knew that this would happen eventually. i knew that i was due since caleb is now 14 months old. but oh, how i dreaded this day. why? because the kiddo doesn't sleep for 2-3 hour stretches like most others. he's always been a 45 minute sleeper, an hour if i'm lucky. when he went from 3 naps to 2, he simply dropped the nap. his other naps didn't get any longer. so as a result, i lost 45 minutes of my personal free time. my fear now is that he'll drop his morning nap without lengthening his afternoon nap... resulting in even less time for myself. (sniff sniff... i feel tears.) and heck, when am i going to take a shower, brush my teeth, and change if i don't have that time in the morning anymore?

i feel such sadness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you! We sometimes still do 2 naps, but mostly just one... and it's the morning one, so I go crazy all afternoon. Thank goodness for daycare, that's all I can say. I couldn't stay home 24-7!!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home