Chiao Baby!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This Kid...


i love him to death, but he's driving me INSANE!

it's like some switch went off in him this past weekend. he suddenly knows that he has a will of his own and is throwing tantrums every few minutes. (he wants food, yell, but not that food, yell. he wants food, yell. hurry up, mommy, yell. but don't make me sit in a highchair or i'll scream and kick, squirm, defiant arched back. he wants to read a book, grunt, squirm. he can't turn the page, yell. don't help me, mommy, yell, swat her away, yell, face plant on carpet, continue yelling.) it's driving me crazy. most of the time, we're alone so i just let him have his meltdown, but it's diconcerting nonetheless... especially when it's so frequent. he's wearing me down.

what do these meltdowns look like? screaming, arched back, red face, swatting everything and everyone away (this one is popular during meal times)... he usually ends in a face down position on the floor with muffled screams.

what's worse is that he's so "tricksey". two seconds after he gets his way (usually when we're in public), he flashes you a sly smile and chuckles. what a faker! grrr...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am TOTALLY going through the same thing right now! Oh my, I know your pain!
You'll have to read my post about my 6+ hour trip home this weekend. It was INSANE-- and now I am too! HA!
Have a great week. Just know you're not the only one out there going through it all!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home